Pastor Brad's 80's Christian Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pastor Brad's 80's Christian Metal Forum

Pastor Brad's Eighties Christian Metal and Shred Guitar Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Elefante and Mastedon,"Revolution Of Mind"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
strangesaint

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-12-02

John Elefante and Mastedon,"Revolution Of Mind" Empty
PostSubject: John Elefante and Mastedon,"Revolution Of Mind"   John Elefante and Mastedon,"Revolution Of Mind" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:17 pm

JOHN ELEFANTE AND MASTEDON
“Revolution Of Mind”

BAND MEMBERS:
John Elefante
Dino Elefante
Dave Amato
Anthony Sallee

TRACK LIST:
1. Revolution Of Mind
2. Slay Your Demons
3. Nowhere Without Your Love
4. One Day Down By The Lake (See You Real Soon)
5. Water Into Wine (Fassa Rokka)
6. Questions (It's About Time)
7. You Can't Take Anything
8. Lying
9. The Western World
10. That's What You Do

Alright first things first. I am not a real big review writer, but I'm going to follow the PB format here. In reality, the fact that I'm even jotting something down here is saying something.
Former Kansas frontman, longtime music producer, and fellow believer John Elefante has again come up with a real winner here! I really don't know where to start on this album. Chock full of layered vocals, and thoughtful lyrics, "Revolution Of Mind" is almost like going on a journey to another place. A place where the thinking man can clear his mind and breathe. Honestly, there's not a bad track on the entire album, but highlights for me were: "Revolution of Mind"," Slay Your Demons"," Nowhere Without Your Love", "Questions", and my personal favorite "One Day Down By The Lake", which Kerry Livgren guests on. It is literally like a page torn out of the Kansas book in it's prime. It should be noted that although this is not a heavy album, it does indeed jam, is well thought out musically, and has first-rate production.
Best of all is the price! This beauty is available as a high quality download (256k mp3 format) at http://www.johnelefante.com/store.html for only $6.99! How can you argue with that? It's almost as good a deal as PB's "Christmas Shred"! Enjoy!

-- strangesaint
Back to top Go down

John Elefante and Mastedon,"Revolution Of Mind"
Page 1 of 1