Pastor Brad's 80's Christian Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pastor Brad's 80's Christian Metal Forum

Pastor Brad's Eighties Christian Metal and Shred Guitar Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thieves and Liars "American Rock-n-Roll"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Thieves and Liars  "American Rock-n-Roll" Empty
PostSubject: Thieves and Liars "American Rock-n-Roll"   Thieves and Liars  "American Rock-n-Roll" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:08 am

THIEVES AND LIARS
“American Rock-n-Roll”

BAND MEMBERS:
Corey - guitar
Joey - bass, vocals
Kyle - drums, vocals

TRACK LIST:
1. American Rock-n-Roll
2. Let’s Rock
3. Walking by my side
4. Fight Song
5. Till the walls fall down
6. Killed a man
7. Promised Land
8. Revelation
9. Prodigal Son
10. Charlie

Love it! Love these guys! This is quintessential American Rock-n-Roll! Killer riffs… groovin’ rhythms that you can’t help but move to… raspy vocals… attitude… a message that’s, Christ-centered, straight from the heart, and belted out with a truck-load of passion… yup—this here is genuine American Rock-n-Roll, the way it’s supposed to be played! Their one-sheet says this about Thieves and Liars, “Placing a modern twist on a classic sound San Diego based Thieves and Liars blend blues and rock-n-roll to bring new life to a stagnant rock scene.” I couldn’t agree more.

I would LOVE to see these guys live. As you listen to the album, you can just tell that Thieves and Liars would absolutely KILL live! I gotta say it again, there’s just no way you can listen to this album and not want to crank it up, grab your air-guitar and rock out! I’m actually having a hard time typing this right now… I just wanna get up and move!

On their myspace page http://www.myspace.com/weareallthievesandliars they list, “head banging, loud amplifiers, mustaches, the delta, and denim” as their influences… and trust me—this is an appropriate list!” I hear hints of Tesla, early AC/DC, early Guardian and even Tempest with Jamie Rowe on vocals. It’s raw, loud, hard-hitting… for me—it’s just fantastic!

The musicianship it top notch. The production is spot on. The vibe---I just can’t get over it—it’s freakin awesome! The song writing, while rooted in the old-school of the 70s and 80s, is fresh and very, very well done. There’s not a bad cut on this album. You can put this thing on, kick back and take rock-n-roll journey of soulful hard-rock enjoyment! Fans of any of the band I mentioned above—YOU NEED TO PICK THIS ONE UP!
Back to top Go down
http://www.guitarjams.net

Thieves and Liars "American Rock-n-Roll"
Page 1 of 1