Pastor Brad's 80's Christian Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pastor Brad's 80's Christian Metal Forum

Pastor Brad's Eighties Christian Metal and Shred Guitar Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone has to grow up sometime

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Everyone has to grow up sometime Empty
PostSubject: Everyone has to grow up sometime   Everyone has to grow up sometime Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm

Interesting article here about "bad boys" going straight.

Quote :
VELVET REVOLVER ROCKERS ENJOY SUCCESS, SOBERLY:

July 5, 2007

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - When a band sells 3 million copies of its first album, its members might expect to celebrate with a few drinks.

In the case of Velvet Revolver, which comprises three well-heeled veterans of rock 'n' roll bad boys Guns N' Roses, the contents of a medium-sized distillery should suffice.

But alas, most of the members of Velvet Revolver are now family men who no longer touch alcohol. The eerily lucid quintet has just released its second album, "Libertad," a follow-up to 2004's Grammy-winning "Contraband."

"I haven't had a drink in 11 months," says guitarist Slash, a star graduate of the Keith Richards school of bad behavior.

"Or anything else for that matter," he added in a recent interview with Reuters, puffing on an endless string of Gitanes. "Yeah, it's pretty much cigarettes at this point. Cigarettes and sex."

Sex with his wife, mind you. Groupies are old news. "I just ended up with one girl who was exciting enough to make me give all that up."

For bassist Duff McKagan, who played alongside Slash in Guns N' Roses, the idea of perfect happiness is playing Monopoly with his wife and their two preteen daughters. He gave up booze after his pancreas burst in 1994.

LEAVE IT TO WEILAND

Singer Scott Weiland, who rose to fame at the helm of Stone Temple Pilots, proudly adheres to the kind of white-bread lifestyle portrayed in the 1950s TV show "Leave it to Beaver."

"We get our kids to bed at 8 o'clock, we tuck 'em in, we lay down with 'em at night," said Weiland, whose drug-related brushes with the law placed him on office death-pool lists. He has been straight for 3 1/2 years.

Journeyman guitarist Dave Kushner, who was unemployed before he joined Velvet Revolver, has been sober for 17 years. He got married in 2003, and kids are next on the list.

Good for them. cheers
Back to top Go down
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Everyone has to grow up sometime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyone has to grow up sometime   Everyone has to grow up sometime Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:16 pm

Absolutely... great for them!

I may have to take a listen to some of their stuff... actually, GnR came along after I was sort of getting out of the mainstream... I became a Christian in 1987 and for a season there -- 87-95 -- I didn't listen to much secular stuff at all.. I justneeded that break... so I sort of missed GnR's thing...

But I know Slash can play and I'm glad he got off the boose...and the rest of the guys too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.guitarjams.net

Everyone has to grow up sometime
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pastor Brad's 80's Christian Metal Forum :: Music :: 80's Metal-
Jump to: